Sunday, May 31, 2015

REVIEWS: The Book of Broken Hearts, Famous In Love

     Hello fellows!

     It's been a month, I know. I'm super sorry because life is just hard right now. Anyways, let's not dwell on the past and acknowledge that I actually posted something in May, shall we? it may have been posted on one of the very last days of May, but whatever.

     The starred books in this post are:

Title: The Book of Broken Hearts
Author: Sarah Ockler
Rating: 4 stars
My review:
     This is the typical "stay away from this boy" cliché, but so much better. Jude has been told to refrain from falling in love with the Vargas boys. They may bring love, but it shall only result in heartbreak. She even swore an oath on a book (the entire ritual and everything). But when all her sisters are gone and she's in dire need of a someone to help restore a motorcycle, this mechanic just so happens to be a Vargas. What will happen when the one person you've been told to stay away from is coincidentally the one person you need?
     This may seem like the ultimate-cliché book, but Sarah Ockler dives deep into bigger concepts of things you may never even thought of before. Told from the view of girl who just wants to bring her dad back to the way he was before, it's captivating and it's an aspect of life that many people can relate to. An obvious 4-star book for me.
     Sarah's characters have been well-sculpted and developed. Everyone connected to each other yet were polar opposites at the same time. The concept of this book was greatly created and was also brought out perfectly. I totally recommend it to people dealing with mental diseases or anyone just interested in a cute, lovable book.


Title: Famous In Love
Author: Rebecca Serle
Rating: 5 stars
My review:
     Similar to Not In The Script, this book shows the ups and downs of living the Hollywood life. Paige Townsen is torn from her mediocre life and is pulled into the world of paparazzi and controversies. Starring in a new movie, she meets Rainer Devon and Jordan Wilder. Her crazy status is about to get a whole lot crazier.
     Paige Townsen was a relatable character, a small-town girl living out her dreams. She is put into an entire life of fame and fortune. Everyone who has been through new experiences and escapades can totally relate to Paige, the odd one out in a set of experts and professionals.
     An outstanding 5 stars was what I gave this book on Goodreads. 5 stars for me means that the book was fantastic and I would definitely read it again (if I ever have the time). Predictable yet unsuspecting, Rebecca Serle tugs on your heartstrings with these characters and its plot, surprising everyone with its conclusion.  

     I was initially going to post my review for The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine but I didn't get the chance to yet, so to hurry up the posting process, I completely disregarded it for this one. Don't worry, it'll appear in my next post. Whenever that will be.

     That's all for my post, and remember: you should be a tree; they have awesome afterlives.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment