Saturday, June 27, 2015

REVIEW: Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Splintered, Unhinged

     Hello fellows!
 
     It's almost the end of June and I'd really like to fit in another post before July comes. Featured in this post are my "reviews"  from back when I didn't know how many grammatical errors I could ever make all in one post  nor did I know how to edit my "reviews". As they are now standing on my blog here, they are not the actual reviews I have for these books. They're just some funny little things I thought I'd share with you guys.

     Please keep in mind that I was a weird twelve-year-old back then. Although not much has changed, since I'm a weird thirteen-year-old now.

     *click sub text for direct links to original posts*

http://booklovefromm.tumblr.com/post/101579903350/book-review-overall-rating-5-stars-10-out-of
Anna and the French Kiss
Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
My "review":
BOOK REVIEW
overall rating: 5 stars/10 out of 10
recommended: totally. such a good book. Stephanie Perkins really knows how to tug on a reader’s heartstrings.
would I read it again: obviously, it’s great for a summer read and really romantic. love it!
summary: it’s about a girl named Anna with an author of a father who sends her out to a school in Paris for her senior year. Leaving her best friend and her i-don’t-know-if-I-should-call-you-boyfriend boyfriend in Atlanta, she flies to Paris and meets new friends. Including the handsome Étienne St. Clair. With a fast friendship, Anna starts to develop some feelings but Étienne is taken and there’s a special someone waiting for her in Atlanta.

http://booklovefromm.tumblr.com/post/102145861505/book-review-overall-rating-5-stars-10-out-of
Lola and the Boy Next Door
Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
My "review":
BOOK REVIEW
overall rating: 5 stars/10 out of 10
recommended: yaass, totally! great for a summer read and oh my gosh the feels in this book. really shows what it’s like to fall in love.
would i read it again: obviously, such a fantastic novel. it would be a shame to read it just once.
summary: it’s about a seventeen-year-old girl named Lola with an unapproved relationship with the twenty-two-year-old Max. She’s committed, but she questions her feelings for him when the Boy Next Door moves back into the neighborhood, digging up a skeleton she long hid in her closet.

http://booklovefromm.tumblr.com/post/101498906785/book-review-overall-rating-4-stars-8-out-of
Splintered
Title: Splintered
Author: A.G. Howard
My "review":
BOOK REVIEW overall rating: 4 stars/ 8 out of 10
recommended: yeah, I recommend it if you're into magic, delusions and Alice in Wonderland
would I read it again: sure. if I have nothing else to read then why not?
summary: it's about a girl who's a descendant of Alice Liddell, the original Alice who inspired Lewis Carroll's book. She can hear bugs and plant and know if she doesn't suppress her ability, she'll end up like her mom: in an asylum. It's been like this for all females in her family ever since her great-great-great-grandmother told Carroll of her strange dreams. Wanting to break the curse of her family, she knows she needs to find Wonderland to do so, fast.

http://booklovefromm.tumblr.com/post/102616097965/book-review-unhinged-overall-rating-4-5
Unhinged
Title: Unhinged
Author: A.G. Howard
My "review":
BOOK REVIEW
Unhinged
overall rating: 4.5 stars/ 10 out of 10
would i read it again: yeah obviously. i mean, it’s pretty hard to gain a 4.5 (almost 5!) star rating. okay, i admit the past 3 book reviews have 4-5 star ratings, but that’s because they’ve truly earned it.
recommended: yes. yes. yes. such a great book. yes. yes. yes.
summary:
BUT FIRST, IF YOU HAVEN’T READ SPLINTERED OR ARE PLANNING TO, DO NOT READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU SHOULD BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU: YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED OF SUCH A GREAT BOOK.
now onto the actual summary:
In the second installation of the Splintered series, Alyssa has returned home to her father and recently-released-from-the-asylum mother. She also has come home to a boyfriend who has now been reciprocating her long-deeply buried feelings. She has also decided upon remaining Wonderland a “wonderful fairy tale land” in the eyes of her oblivious boyfriend. Everything has been going swell for her senior year, that is until a special someone has been acknowledging his presence. A special someone that she thought would remain in Wonderland: Morpheus. Explaining his reasons, Alyssa is known to the fact that Wonderland and her precious human realm is in danger unless she faces her great-great-great grand mother: Red.

     ...

     An ellipsis is really all I have to comment on my own doing. How I managed to receive the English Language award from my elementary school-graduation ceremony, I don't frankly know. It's a miracle I've actually moved past that writing stage, or else I wouldn't have such a blog.

      That's all for my post, and remember: you should be a tree; they have awesome afterlives.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment